Thursday, January 28, 2010

It's almost Friday?!

I went out Monday with my friends, partially because that's what we do on Mondays, partially because it was our friend Lauren's birthday! And then the week got away from me. Oh well. What matters is, I'm posting now.

(I brought some of those Guinness cupcakes. They continued to be a hit!)

Well, this week, Victory at last. As opposed to those other two times (see here and here). Stuff Yer Face keeps quite a few Victory brews around, but as I've said before, unless you like really hoppy beers, avoid them. Except for Storm King because it's BANGIN' (unless you don't like Imperial Russian Stouts). However, as per my friend Jeremy's previous recommendation, I finally tried the Prima Pils, which is obviously a pilsener style beer. I know I've had pilsener before and it kind of fell under the heading of "meh" in my book, but this was pretty good! Still a little bit hoppy, but there's a little bit of citrus flavor that balances it out and makes it unoffensive. In fact, I dare say, it was kind of enjoyable!

I followed this with Landshark, only because I'd never had it before. Meh. This is slightly sweeter than, but otherwise very akin to, all of the beers in Mexico. I kind of giggle every time I have a Mexican-style lager in the United States, since it's hardly my favorite. But, it's another beer for the list, and reminds me of the good times during my field research last summer. (Also to note: things I call "Mexican lager" are generally referred to as "American Adjunct Lager". But if it's made at a cervecaria, or in the style of other beers that are, I don't think I'm totally wrong in calling it what I do.)

Paul: 181
Colleen: 194

Have a happy Friday and a wonderful weekend, friends!

1 comment:

  1. Paul let me try some of his Storm King a couple weeks ago and I really liked it. I kept drinking more of it when he wasn't looking.

    ReplyDelete