Wednesday, January 26, 2011

FINALLY

I have been suffering in silence for the past month and a half. SUFFERING, I TELL YOU! Suffering the sheer excitement of the fact that my dear friend, my beer friend, Paul, was going to propose to his girlfriend Laura. Well, now that she is officially his fiancee, I can finally offer a very happy and public congratulations to them both!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

(Ask Paul. I totally made a scene at The Office Lounge when he told me he bought the ring but would be waiting a few weeks to give it to her. But I kept it a secret anyway!)

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!

And, just to keep with the theme of the blog--

Erie Brewing Co's Fallenbock
: I am not usually a fan of the bock beers but my notes for this one read, "kinda fruity but not offensive, definitely tasted chocolate". It was pretty lightweight and I didn't mind it terribly. I didn't dislike it, but I'm just not a huge fan of the style.

Leinenkugel Creamy Dark: Wasn't sure how this would go over. Paul didn't like what he tried by this brewer, but this particular beer wasn't bad. It tasted kind of toasty (I don't know how else to describe the flavor, maybe like toasted nuts or something? I dunno.) but was very creamy indeed. This was an ok beer. It was pleasant enough.

HaandBryggeriet Dark Force
: This was a little sweet but very interesting and pretty good. The infamous Jill at Stuff Yer Face said, "Wheat stout?" and I was sold. It was very, very dark but not very heavy. Lots of typically stouty flavors happening. Also, the name was flippin' cool. It's not cheap though. It was pretty good but I don't need to repeat it.

So, here's to Paul and Laura! I promise I will toast you both in person... with a beer that's already on my list. Congratulations again, friends!

PS: I bought a 12 quart pot to boil wort and there's snow on the ground with which to cool it. Homebrewing, here I come! (Tomorrow, probably.)

No comments:

Post a Comment