Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Cheers to Lauren!

Last night I had the distinct pleasure of attending the reception for my good friend Lauren's display at Triumph Brewery. This is awesome for several reasons, in no particular order:

1. I lived with Lauren this past summer as well as summer 2005, and she is fabulous.

2. Her paintings are really incredible. I love the way this woman captures color and light. Witnessing the process was also really sweet.



(The final product of this one can be viewed here.)

3. I attended the show with my good friend Bailey and her very funny boyfriend Matt, but also got to see countless awesome friends from camp.

4. Triumph Brewery is great unto itself, and this was a pretty excellent excuse to visit!

Last time I went, I had the sampler and tried quite a few of their beers. However, they were out of Pumpkin Ale, so I tried it last night before the reception started. It was pretty good! I've expressed that I prefer my pumpkin beers to taste like beer rather than pie. This was totally a pie beer. However, it was well done. Not offensively sweet or artificial. Very real pumpkin pie flavor in a very smooth ale. Nice.

The reception provided Pumpkin Ale and Honey Blond. Bailey and Matt and I shared some fries (good fries! They put herbs on 'em so they're like a roasted potato-french fry hybrid. A delicious, delicious hybrid.) but there were also fried pickles and hummus provided for those appreciating Lauren's art in conjunction with the brew pub. All in all, excellent evening. Congratulations on being talented and amazing, Lauren Scott!

Colleen: 318
Paul: 300

No comments:

Post a Comment