Monday, November 8, 2010

another single beer post

I feel funny updating once again with only a single beer, but also feel the need to be up to date before I meet up with Paul this Friday for a Dear Beer Friends Staff Meeting/...double date?!? What?! Yes, it's true. The beer in this entry may be single, but the girl writing about it is not.

Cheesiest opening paragraph ever. http://planetsmilies.net/vomit-smiley-27.gif My apologies. Moving on.

This past weekend we visited New York City, and among other adventures, stopped by the Coffee Bar near Union Square to kill time before a movie. Inspired by the IPA fan I was out with and the fact that it was the only beer on tap that I hadn't tried, I ordered Goose Island IPA. My assessment is: pretty good. I didn't totally hate it. I'm going to have to stop using that as a descriptor of IPAs soon, since my personal list of tolerable/good IPAs has grown substantially in the past few months. This one was perhaps a little sweeter than some of the others, but still had that bitterness typical of this hoppy style of beer. Not my favorite IPA (that's probably one of the Dogfish Heads or that Lagunitas I recently tried), but still recommendable.

Colleen: 319
Paul: 300 (I'm sure that's not an accurate reflection of real life...)

No comments:

Post a Comment