Sunday, October 10, 2010

a toast to Cheryl and Gurzo

You often hear about Cheryl and Gurzo in this blog. It makes sense, since these are the people who I drink beer with the most, especially new beers during our almost weekly gatherings at Stuff Yer Face. Well, this weekend they got married to each other in a totally lovely ceremony on a totally gorgeous day!


newlyweds!

Their wedding featured beers and wines all made in New Jersey. I actually had a cocktail (so weird for me) at the groom's request, but other than that focused my efforts on the two Flying Fish brews they had available-- Oktoberfish, which I'd had before, and in fact gave them my vote for when it was between that and the Abbey Dubbel being at the party (and it did not disappoint, though was slightly hoppier than I recall, but it's a really good Oktoberfest), and the Extra Pale Ale, which it turned out I hadn't had before! It's a little hoppy, but somewhere between what I'd expect from a pale ale and what I'd expect from an IPA. It was pretty good. I enjoyed it with some spicy rice and beans and was plenty happy.

But more important than me adding another beer to my list, way way way more important, is celebrating the exciting-ness of my two good friends, who are now wife and husband. They are two excellent people, and I am so honored to have been part of their wonderful day!

(But, for the record, I'm at 304 to Paul's 288, though I'm sure he'll have some great stories about visiting breweries across the country when he returns soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment