Monday, March 8, 2010

ARGH!!!

No, I haven't dropped out of grad school and become a pirate.

But twice now, I've tried new beers at Stuffies and it turns out, they're already on my list.

This doesn't mean they're forgettable. At least both were very good brews--no loss. It's tough to remember everything you've ever tried when the official list is over 200 and there's still a few random others in your head that you know you've tried but this was before the beer list so it's not official. Oh well.

Brooklyn Brown Ale: While this is no Backdraft Brown Ale, this is a very good beer. It's nice and malty and has a good weight. It's very smooth and not too sweet. I misunderstood our favorite bartender Jill when she asked if I'd tried it before, because I tried this somewhat recently and definitely remembered it being good. Oh well. Like I said, no loss.

Aventinus
: You know what? This one sounded familiar. I even had my beer list loaded onto my iPod and looked to see if I tried this, but I looked under Aventinus and Weissbierbrauerei but didn't see it... because it's Schneider and Sohn. Oh well. Not a big loss, since it's a really nice darker wheat beer. It was a little sweet but in an awesome way, like how some wheat beers have a bit of a banana/clove thing going on... very interesting flavor, and not too heavy. This is a good wheat beer, though not quite as light and fancy free as a hefeweizen, as this one is actually a doppelbock.

The score remains: Paul 202, Colleen 205.

No comments:

Post a Comment